PricewaterhouseCoopers and Urban Land Institute have released their annual real estate investment outlook and for 2020 Austin is projected as the tops in the U.S. This is an improvement over 2019’s #6 finish. In 2018 Austin ranked #2 and was number 1 in 2017.
Details of the reasons for the ranking include:
- Apple Computers plan for a $1 billion campus
- The planned re-development of the Austin American Statesman site on South Congress
- A major expansion of the Airport
- Austin’s population growth including annual growth of about 45,000 people a year or 145 persons a day
- The number of businesses with one million dollar + in revenue is growing faster than any other major metro in the U.S.
The biggest challenges according to the report are traffic and the rising cost of housing.