Urban Land Institute (ULI) 2014 Emerging Trends Forecast, Austin, Texas
ULI recently published its annual Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2014 Report and Austin is featured prominently in its forecast.
- Under its Markets to Watch heading, Austin ranked seventh dropping three spots from 2013.
- The report notes a move by investors from core places like New York and Washington DC to more tech and energy centric markets such as Austin and Seattle.
- Homebuilding prospects for Austin are seen as improving in 2014.
- According to the report interest in Austin from investors is at the point where they are willing to take on more risk.
- Austin is seen as the leading real estate market in the state of Texas by the report.
- Forecasted to continue to attract relocating companies looking for lower business costs, lower taxes and a highly trained workforce.
- Long term the well educated workforce, high concentration of technology business and pubulation gains are expected to keep the Austin economy strong.
Emerging Trends in Real Estate Americas 2014 (pdf)
Permanent link to this article: https://atxre.com/urban-land-institute-uli-2014-emerging-trends-forecast-austin-texas/